Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Residents

As most of you know already, Jacob and I love nature.  About a week ago, Jacob got tired of waiting on me to paint and tell him where to put our new birdhouse, and finally fixed it against one of the posts on our porch.  Not going to lie, I'm a little sad that I didn't get to paint it... but I guess I can lay my perfectionistic qualities aside. :)  Regardless, I am pumped and you know why?..


Abel and Lacey, our dogs, spying on our new residents :)
 
Looks like we have new residents!!  After spying on them from inside our house, we realized its a family of Sparrows, and it has been so much fun to watch them bringing in twigs and grasses to build their nest.  After talking about them for a while, I thought to myself how cool it is that God designed birds with such an instinct for building nests and watching their newly hatched young.  And secondly, how can people look at sunsets, mountains, oceans, and animals, and yet believe to be true that God doesn't exist?  I can't imagine living a life without Christ.  What hope and joy we have in Him.

It's our prayer that if you don't already, you will one day know the God we serve and experience his true love and affection.  I find this verse appropriate for today:

Jack Sparrow

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more to God than a whole flock of sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31


Have a wonderful night, everyone, enjoying the sweet spirit of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who was, who is, and is to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment